We often get asked what is the best way to get the most value when purchasing matboard from our website. There are a few important things to keep in mind and this guide will help you get the best pricing.
- Shipping and processing are almost like flat fees. This means you should always try to combine orders so you only pay shipping once. If you can get your sub total to $99 it also saves you the $4.95 processing fee.
- Volume discounts are applied to mats of the same type (color and size). It’s far better to get 50, 11×14 / 7.5×9.5 in white, than to get 50 over 5 different colors. The volume discount for 50 is 66% vs 37% for 10.
- Volume discounts begin at just quantity 2 and climb rapidly. You don’t need to buy a lot to get a deal.
- If you are buying accessories such as backing boards, Plexiglass or frames with your mats, buy them separately if the outer sizes are the same but the color/opening size of the mats are different. This way you can get the full volume discount on the backing/plexiglass etc.
- There is no difference buying from the show kits/value packs page for pricing. It is a more convenient way to purchase but if you get the same quantity and size it won’t impact the price.
- Pricing is always based on the outer size of the mat, don’t worry about using custom openings.
- All colors are the same price.
- There is no charge for our bonus features like off-sets or taping the double mats together.
- For custom multi-opening designs, there is always a design fee which depends on the complexity of the design. This is a flat fee you pay just once per order so it’s worth it to get more mats.